After a few trials and errors I finally sewed the skin on my sof kayak. It only took two years of the kayak hanging under our deck in order for me to start the process.
Over the past couple of weeks while waiting for the weather to warm up for fiberglassing the canoe, I had the chance to work on the SOF kayak.
Well, several months after finish the kayak we finally got it into the water two weekends agp. Such is life when you are busy with little kids!
I now basically have the frame together for the Interlude. Here is a list of some of the issues I’ve encountered during the build.
Prior to starting the stripping on the Freedom 15 canoe, I thought I’d try and rig together the frame of a skin-on-frame kayak.
I finished steam bending the stems for the Freedom 15. It was really easy. I grabbed our kitchen kettle and taped down the on switch to keep the kettle boiling.
I recently finished applying System Three’s WR-LPU to the Tern14. I chose to use this material primarily for two reasons. First, it is touted as being a very tough finish, longer lasting than standard varnishes.
Just a few more steps left to finish the Tern14! I think my list of things to do, in order, are as follows:
Just a few more steps left to finish the Tern14! I think my list of things to do, in order, are as follows: 1.
Whew, it’s been a while since I’ve added any information. I didn’t do much work on the boat during the summer.